A child may be referred to FDDC by a Physician, family member, or a child caregiver.
- Upon a referral for testing, a prescription/EPSDT form will be required from your physician for testing.
- A testing appointment will be scheduled and a licensed examiner will conduct an age appropriate developmental evaluation using both standardized and curriculum based tests.
- If a child meets the qualification criteria based on the results, FDDC service coordinators will meet with parents and develop a plan for services.
- Parents will take copies of the evaluation and proposed individual program plan for the physician’s approval.
- After reviewing and approving these documents, the physician will complete a physical evaluation form and 640 forms for requested therapies and an addendum indicating approval of the service.